
Jericho’s WWE comeback looks increasingly likely.
Earlier this year, multiple reports suggested that Chris Jericho’s AEW contract is set to expire at the end of the year, with all signs since pointing to a return to WWE as the most likely outcome.
Dave Meltzer revealed in the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE have offered Jericho a retirement storyline, with the expectation that a return will materialise early next year.
“As noted many times, this one is a Jericho decision and all hints are in the WWE direction. I know that WWE has offered him a retirement storyline, and those in WWE have said that’s what they’d be interested in. Others expect him to be there early next year, but nothing is confirmed.”
-Dave Meltzer
Jericho has been absent from AEW since dropping the ROH World Championship to Bandido at AEW: Dynasty on April 6, and growing fan belief backed by several reports suggests that the next time we see him may be at the Royal Rumble in January.
Despite all signs pointing towards his time with All Elite Wrestling drawing to a close, Tony Khan recently said that he would love Chris Jericho to finish his career in AEW. You can read more about that here.
As always, we’ll aim to provide any further updates on Chris Jericho’s contract status as soon as we hear more.