Jon Moxley might not be rid of his lordship William Regal for quite some time.
William Regal recently turned on Jon Moxley by taking side with MJF. Moxley addressed this in and in-ring promo with Regal on this past Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite, where he told Regal to run away and to never come back. This lead to speculation by some that the former NXT general manager could soon be returning to the newly restructured WWE, helmed by Triple H. It had even been said that Regal only actually signed a 1 year deal with AEW.
In a recent clarifying tweet by The Wrestling Observer’s, Dave Meltzer, he stated that Regal’s initial deal that was signed with AEW in spring of last year was for three years rather than one like what had been previously reported recently.
William Regal turned on Jon Moxley in the main event of AEW’s Full Gear PPV when he slid the brass knuckles to MJF after instructing Moxley to check on the referee. MJF is scheduled to be on AEW Dynamite this Wednesday.